oli otya, sysop?[edit source]
Oli otya? Ngenda ntya okutuuka okubeera Sysop oba Beaurcrat oba Administrator kya Wikipedia mu Luganda? Nva isilandi (mu Reykjavík) ne njagala okufubutuka wikipedia. Webale!
Since you say you don't speak Luganda, I will write in English. I am from Iceland, and I am interested in taking over the project, or becoming a SysOp and making this Luganda Wikipedia operate more. I speak Luganda at an intermediate level, and have been studying it for rougly 7 months, as I am planning a trip to Uganda. If you want to contact me, my MSN is email@example.com or just leave a message on my talk page. Webale/Asante! --Ice201 00:44, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
Kya Busa Ekitabo - The Free Encyclopedia
- still waiting your response, thank you --Ice201 02:21, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
Getting involved with the Luganda Wikipedia[edit source]
Hello Malangali and Játi. My name is Kizito. I am a Muganda based in England.
Kudos to both of you for your interest in the Language and the effort that you have or are willing to put into it!
I too would like to get involved with this Luganda Wikipedia. What does one do to go ahead, besides writing articles? I have made some small changes to the readily editable section of the front page (excellent effort for one who says they speak no Luganda :-). There are also some changes i would like to make to some of the words in the navigatio bar and tabs, how does one do this?).
I am a Luganda speaker and have just written a book in it. I am also working on Luganda language capability in computers (http://www.kizito.uklinux.net).
I will check here for any replies.
- Hello Kizito, welcome! Please jump in and start editing! I actually do not know how to make changes to the navigation sections - the place to start is at Special:Specialpages, and we can ask more questions at the "Meta" Wikipedia site if you cannot figure it out. My main role right now is to delete spam articles, because I really do not speak any Luganda. I was also going to suggest that you join the Afrophone Wikis discussion group, but I see that you already did, so please make sure to read through the archives on that list :) I will do my best to help with any technical questions you have - together we can figure out how to build a good platform for the Luganda language! Malangali 14:31, 22 Gatonnya 2007 (UTC)
Right. I'll start with the Afrophone archives. By the way, out of interest, how did you get interested in this language? Kizito 23:50, 22 Gatonnya 2007 (UTC)
- I got involved with the Luganda Wikipedia because I saw that it was a total mess - tons of spam, and no administrators to clean it up. So I volunteered to be interim sysop until someone more qualified came along. My main interest is Swahili, which I DO speak. Malangali 08:53, 24 Gatonnya 2007 (UTC)
Much appreciated :-) Kizito 21:25, 24 Gatonnya 2007 (UTC)
Luganda Adminship[edit source]
Editing the Interface[edit source]
Thank you for supporting me to get admin privilages. Could you tell me how you edit the interface, such as the navigation bar and the tab titles?
Kizito 12:19, 9 Mugulansigo 2007 (UTC)
- There is not much you can edit there, it is standard Mediawiki sofware. However, you can choose your personal preferences concerning the appearance of the site by clicking on "preferences" ("Enteekateeka yange") at the top of the page and then selecting the "appearance" ("Endabika") tab. Or go directly to Special:Preferences. Try various skins and choose the one you like. You can also change the language of the interface. AndreasJS 14:54, 10 Gwakkuminogumu 2011 (UTC)
Hi from the English language Wikipedia[edit source]
I'm Peridon, an admin at enwiki. We have an article in what I believe is Luganda. The article is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esigalyakagolo - if you could get someone to look at it and decide if you want it. We have no idea what it is about - I think I know one word 'kitabo' means book - and if nothing is done with it, it will be deleted. If you do want it, we'll work out how to transwiki it. Good luck with the Luganda Wikipedia. My talk page on enwiki is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Peridon but I'll look in here at times in case you reply here. Thanks. Peridon 14:23, 7 Gwakkuminogumu 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Peridon. I posed the question on the African Languages group on Facebook, and received the following reply: "Yes it is in Luganda. It describes the origin and leadership system within the Nte (cow) clan, one of the many clans found in Buganda kingdom. It happens to be my clan. Does someone want a translation of the whole thing?" Malangali 12:07, 8 Gwakkuminogumu 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I now copied the English article to Transwiki:Esigalyakagolo. You can edit it and move it to Esigalyakagolo if you find that suitable for the Luganda WP. See also Wikipedia:Transwiki log and m:Help:Transwiki for the transwiki mechanism.
- There is a list of Muganda clans at en:Muganda#Clans of Buganda mntioning the Nte clan, but apparently none of the clans has its own page. Maybe this is an opportunity to start an article on the Nte clan in the English WP. AndreasJS 14:43, 10 Gwakkuminogumu 2011 (UTC)
Your admin status[edit source]
Hello. I'm a steward. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus recently. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on wikis with no inactivity policy. You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on lgwiki, where you are an administrator. Since that wiki does not have its own administrators' rights review process, the global one applies. If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights, and demonstrate a continued requirement to maintain these rights. We stewards will evaluate the responses. If there is no response at all after approximately one month, we will proceed to remove your administrative rights. In cases of doubt, we will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact us on m:Stewards' noticeboard. Best regards, Rschen7754 03:31, 15 Gwamunaana 2014 (UTC)